Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

River Bliss Gifts

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope your day has been filled with blessings. After my dad's close call back in February when he suffered a heart attack, and with my mom not feeling up to par lately, what I'm most grateful for today is having both of my parents around this holiday season - even though I wasn't able to see them today.

The logistics involved in celebrating holidays with different groups of relatives are often challenging, but the truth is that we are blessed to have so many loved ones to coordinate visits with on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Often, we have two separate family get-togethers on Thanksgiving day: breakfast or brunch with my husband and teenagers

Stuffed squash, apple crisp, grilled polenta, quiche, and pomegranate seeds

...and dinner with my parents or in-laws. This year, I finally discovered that preparing and cooking everything a day ahead of time makes for a much more relaxed holiday!

The passage of Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday shopping season, and it looks like I'm going to have to brave the crowds tomorrow in order to buy some mailers because my calendar order arrived yesterday! How exciting!


I am thrilled with the professional quality; the printing company I used did a great job. I am selling them for $20 plus $6 shipping ($1.50 for each additional calendar). This is a 13-month (Jan. 2014 through Jan. 2015) calendar that features one full-page, fine art nature photograph per month. It was a challenge to narrow down all the possibilities and select one photo per month, but I made the selections based on the scenes that really stopped me in my tracks and transported me to a place of awe. There are sunrise river landscapes, sunlit flowers, closeups of tinier wonders, and a waterfall. The bottom page of each two-page monthly spread contains American and some Canadian and multicultural holidays, full moons and new moons, and an inspirational (non-religious) quote at the bottom along with at least one small image. Here are a couple examples:



 The calendar is printed professionally on extra heavy premium paper. Dimensions are 8.5"x11" (closed) or 17"x11" (open), and the binding is saddle-stitched.

A few people have mentioned to me in the past week that they weren't sure how to buy my calendar, so I thought it would be useful to elaborate. There are a few options:

1) You can order through my Etsy shop.
2) I can generate a PayPal invoice. Just send an email to me at riverblissed@gmail.com indicating your PayPal email address and how many calendars you'd like.

3) I can accept checks (made out to River Bliss Photography) from people I know personally.

Small Business Saturday is coming up, and I'd love for you to consider purchasing a calendar or print from me. All orders are received with a grateful heart and processed with tender loving care.

In addition to calendars, I also offer photo prints in a variety of sizes and note card sets. I have many photo prints available in my Etsy shop; however, you also can order any print from my Flickr photostream via the same options listed above. (Note: All prints have text removed.)

To purchase prints via PayPal, send me an email indicating the name and location (i.e. Flickr or Etsy) of the photo in which you're interested and the size print you'd like (11"x14", 8"x10", 5"x7", 4"x6", note cards).

If you would like to go through Etsy, all of the prints in my shop are listed as 8"x10". However, if you would like to order a different size, just click on the item, and in the "item details" description, there are links for the different size options. I'm listing the links here, as well:

If you'd like to order one of my Flickr images via Etsy, simply click on the link (above) corresponding to the size you'd like, and indicate the name of the photo in the "Message to Seller" box during the checkout process - and also that you saw it on Flickr.

I use a professional lab that offers beautiful lustre and stunning metallic finishes, and I would be truly honored with your business.

Happy holiday season!

---------------------------

© Susan Meyer and River Bliss Photography, 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all text and photos, without express and written permission from this blog’s author/owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Susan Meyer and River Bliss Photography (www.riverblissed.blogspot.com) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment